A couple days after Christmas, Tate started coughing-nothing unusual, but by the next evening he was wheezing and struggling to get through a sentence without taking a breath. I took him to the ER and we spent several hours there doing tests and breathing treatments. We were eventually sent home. An hour or two later we were back, because he had suddenly gotten much worse. So in the end he was admitted for PNEUMONIA!
My sweet little (BIG) Tater was so sick. He was given steroids and more breathing treatments until the Dr. felt his lungs were clear enough to go home. The respiratory therapist really felt like Tate actually has ASTHMA. Yikes! Tate did great in the hospital, especially considering all the poking a prodding. He loved our daily wagon rides around small set of patient rooms.
I must say it was really nice to spend time with just Tate even though it was under less than ideal circumstances. I haven't had that much time to just sit a love him since he was born.
Thank goodness Paul was here to watch Arie and Finn while I was gone for a couple of days. On top of taking care of those two he somehow managed to get the house cleaner and more organized than when I left it, do the laundry AND start potty training Finn! Amazing!!! And, yes, I do know EXACTLY how blessed I am. Every. Single. Day.
Next...
It was my turn. Exactly a week later I started feeling icky. It hit me-HARD- while I was standing, with Paul, in the baggage check line at the airport. Ah crap. By the time, we had to part I was really struggling to keep my dinner where it belonged. Poor Paul, had to leave me crying in my car with a bucket, hoping I would make it home. It's always hard enough to say goodbye, but this was a real treat. Needless to say, it was the longest drive of my life! I finally made it home where I could let it all go:)
Oh, yeah and to top it all off, I was already struggling with ANOTHER sinus infection. Still struggling. So, our new year starts. Although... being sick has added fuel to my need to organize this time of year. When I get better-WATCH OUT! If you are in the way, you just might get folded up and put in a container under a bed somewhere.
1 comment:
I am so glad that Tate is feeling better. What a scare. Go Paul with toilet training Finn!
Post a Comment