Monday, April 5, 2010

It's a good thing

Arie and I like to talk about things when I tuck him in at night. Lucky for me, I have a child that thinks deeply and enjoys sharing those thoughts with me. Bedtime seems to be the time that he shares the most. Tonight this is what he told me...

He started asking me about Tate, and how he gets "sick". He asked if he should stay away from him so he doesn't get his germs. I explained that when Tate breaths bad air he can't breath very well, but that he doesn't have germs that make other people sick. I told him that Tate's body just doesn't work as well as others sometimes. He asked me why he, himself, doesn't get sick from "bad air", and I told him that his body is a little bit stronger than Tate's. I explained that his body isn't better than Tate's it's just different. He said, "Yeah, Heavenly Father just made his body differenter than mine. I hope that when he gets an adult that he won't be sick anymore."
I said,"Yeah, we don't want our family to feel sick do we?"
He replied, "Yeah, or my brothers, either."

Then we got talking about Jesus...
"Mom, it's a good thing those mean men nailed Jesus to the cross and that he died for us, because now we can repent."

Then, we talked about repenting and forgiveness. I explained forgiveness, and he got it. As much as he needs to for now.

I love that boy and hope these moments will continue. I don't EVER want to let it go.

2 comments:

Paga and Baga said...

This is the sweetest post. Squeeze that boy for me. Love, Grandma Sarah

Katie C Kirkham said...

So sweet. I love you 4..I mean 5!!!