This was one of those outings that felt like more work than it was worth.
One of Paul's co-workers got us some tickets to a Day out With Thomas. I wanted to take the boys last year, but went to Alaska for the summer instead. So...we headed to the Roaring Camp Railroad in Felton. We got stuck in traffic and ended up barely making it in time. We left our lunch in the car and ran. Not easy with 3 little ones. Paul grabbed our tickets and we made it on the train car just minutes before it left. This is the point where Paul and I look at each other like, "Why do we even try to do this?" Happens every time.
The boys loved the train ride. It was fantastic riding through the middle of those towering redwoods. Tate was pretty nervous the whole time and didn't want to look over the side. He sat pretty close to me.
After the short train ride we ventured over to all the activities that were set up for the kids. We waited in line for a good 30-45 minutes to jump in the bounce house. Fun. Then we attempted to take a picture of everyone in front of Percy the blow up engine. Double fun.
We ate our lunch when we got back to the car. It was probably almost 4:00 by then. Nice.
I know in the moment these little adventures seem more work than fun, but it's not like that for the boys. It's work for Paul and I, but fun times for the boys. Someday, when the boys reminisce, I know they will only have happy things to say about all those little adventures. Plus, it's super rewarding to watch them enjoying life, while we create some memories.
So, here's to new adventures!
2 comments:
You are a good momma (and poppa too). Seriously how amazing to choo-choo through those redwoods. So cool. All those pictures near the inflatable train made me lol. Glad you survived that one!
Way to go Mom and Dad! Jake and I are starting into the adventure stuff and its way tiring with one....let alone three.
We love you guys! You are just great!
Post a Comment