Fast forward 1 month and he is still just excited as ever. The morning routine is just as I would expect. S-L-O-W. That's how Arie works. It's a battle (for Paul) every morning, to get him moving. It's not that he doesn't want to go, he is just so easily distracted.
Last week, when I picked him up, he came running to me and said, "Mom, guess what? We have homework, FINALLY!!!!!" Arie, please keep this enthusiasm for the rest of your schooling career. Thank you.
Arie is starting to read. It's like everything he learned in preschool just clicked! He can sound out small words. It's the best to watch his excitement when he realizes what he can do. He loves to learn.
His favorite subjects are Art (surprise), and he really loves music day. Being able to check a book out from the library each week is the highlight of his life.
I'll admit that it was super difficult to accept that Arie is in school full time now. He has always been what grounds me and gives me purpose. He's been there through ALL of the rough times in my life. Poor kid. I don't think he'll ever now how much I have relied on him. It scared me to not have him with me every day. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me. I cried for 2 nights and then couldn't help but be so happy for him. He is so happy. It's incredible to watch him thrive. I'm enjoying where we're at in life right now; trying not to let it all pass by. Arie, I'm so proud of you buddy. You're amazing!
| So Excited! |
| Mr. Lee |
| New Classroom |





No comments:
Post a Comment