Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Breakfast Buddies + Surgery + other random tidbits


Tate loves to have "flakes" (Honey Bunches of Oats), with a glass of milk, for
breakfast.
Look at those bear paws!


Finn loves Honey Nut Cheerios.
Today I was feeling generous and made some
cinnamon toast too.



I love eating breakfast with my buddies.
It was refreshing to have Arie home for 2 weeks, and I really miss having him
around. I like him.  Ideally, all 5 of us would eat breakfast together, but Paul and Arie are gone by the time the rest of us get around to it.
I have to give credit to Paul for getting up with Arie (and sometimes everyone else) EVERY morning and getting him ready for school (not an easy task!), while I sleep in.
Yes, I realize I am blessed yet lazy at the same time.


Tate's been working on closing one eye...it usually involves a severe head tilt. It might be cheating, but fake it till you make it buddy!





If you look closely at this one his left eyeball is turned in so far you can't see his iris. One eyed thumbs up!





Finn gave it a go.  Neck-breaking head tilt...Check!






I told Finn to give me his "Mad" face.  I see this MANY times each day, and it never fails to make me laugh. 




By this point he was pounding his fist on the table demanding to see his picture on the camera.
"I see it mad face!!!"






He sure is cute though, but don't be fooled.
I just found him sitting on the couch eating a bowl of cinnamon/sugar
with a spoon.


Does anyone else think his rib cage looks really messed up on this one?
(I had to go track him down and check it out just to be sure.  He's good.)



Then there's this guy.  My Tater Tot.  One week from tomorrow he will have a surgery that has been 2+ years in the making!  He finally gets to have his eyes corrected.  I have to admit, I will certainly miss this look.  That's my Tate.  BUT, I am so excited for him.  I can't wait to see how this surgery affects his sight, coordination, personality, and so on.  I'm more nervous than you can even imagine, but grateful that he has this opportunity.  We certainly would welcome any prayers for a safe and successful surgery.

I'm working on getting a Christmas/Paul's Birthday/New Year's post done.
Not making any promises, just working on it.

7 comments:

Paul said...

I would love to have breakfast with them. But then I wouldn't Arie out the door on time.

Anonymous said...

These pics make me want to cry! Tate's hand looks like G-pa Evans' hand! And Finn!! That FINN!!! His face has so much personality in it. I don't even need to hear his voice to get it! He looks so much like you in some pics and so much like Arie in others and even a little Tate! Ohhhhhh I miss them!!!!!!!

Emily said...

It's sooooooooooooooooooo weird how grown up Finn looks!!!

And we will certainly keep little Tater man and the surgeons working on him, in our prayers.

Loves from the aunty em and uncle brett.

Megan said...

Dang cute kids, Cass. And good luck with the surgery. We'll say a little prayer for you. (Pretend like I didn't just sing that last line, mmkay? ) xoxo

Paga and Baga said...

These are darling pictures of your guys. Sweet! Love you guys!

About Us said...

I don't remember signing a release form alllowing these kids to be cute and grow-up without me around!!! I'm calling a lawyer!!!!! STOP STOP STOP I won't allow it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea Harshbarger said...

I miss these boys so much. What big boys they have become. I am so excited for Tate and I can't wait to hear how his surgery goes. We will surely keep him in our prayers and send our love. Good luck, buddy!