Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bachelorhood

For the past week, Cass and the boys have been out visiting family in Utah while I stayed behind to hold down the fort. Bachelorhood has been really boring and extremely uneventful. However, I have managed to watch Iron Man 2 and Star Trek and watch old episodes of Hoarders. In my spare after work, which involves performing mindless tasks at my client's demand, I have repainted a few of the walls in the house. These walls were formerly my sons' canvas--decorated with pencil, pen, marker, stamps, footprints, and hand prints. Hopefully I haven't created a clean slate for them...

Overall, I miss my sons and my wife. My evenings are boring and my Sunday was quiet. The Relief Society president commented to me: "You must be really lonely if you are trying to drum up a conversation in the clerk's office." Yes, that might be the case. And my wife's visiting teacher said to me, as I folded paper airplanes and played tick-tac-toe with her son during church: "You must really miss your boys." Yes, that would be me. =)

Oh, and I found out I passed the last exam of the CPA. W00T!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations on your test!
I miss your sons and your wife too!

Chelsea Harshbarger said...

This is so sweet and funny, 'cause I can picture you in your bachelor pad watching you shows. Yeah, for test success!