Happy Birthday to my little Arie, who made me a mom 6 years ago today.
He was born at 2:02 am on the 22nd. I'll never forget the way I felt when I saw him for the first time. He knew me and I knew him. Everything about him was familiar.
This morning Arie came into our bedroom at 5:30. He said he was scared, but I think he was really just excited. He fell back asleep in our bed and when we all woke up again, we talked about what he was like when he was a baby. We looked through his photo album and laughed about how bald he was. Arie loves stuff like this. He loves to reminisce. Just like me.
Arie decided that since it's his birthday today, Paul and I should get a birthday present too. He told us that our gift was that he would get ready really fast just like we've always wanted him to. He did a pretty good job.
We made some treat bags to take to school for his birthday. If you know Arie, you know that this one thing will consume his thoughts till it's over. He really can't think about anything else. So off to school he went with a big box of treats. I wish I could be a fly on the wall at school today. He's pretty happy.
Arie Bo Barie I can't believe how fast you've grown. I am fascinated by, and learn so much from you. You are simply amazing. Happy Birthday buddy. I love you.




2 comments:
Yeah for Arie! Six is such a great birthday. Up until now you have counted your birthday years on only one hand and now you move to the second hand! So glad you made it! We love you. Grandma Sarah and Grandpa Bill.
Yay Arie!! Happy birthday! Uncle Brett and I love you and miss you! :)
Post a Comment